The Office of Postdoctoral Affairs aims to optimize postdoctoral training at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. We manage postdoctoral appointments and policies and are available to answer questions about postdoctoral training, to advise postdocs and their faculty mentors, and to work with other offices and organizations to offer special training opportunities.
- Review and approve all postdoctoral appointments and re-appointments in the School of Medicine
- Develop and implement postdoctoral policies and metrics for tracking career outcomes
- Collaborate with School of Medicine and campus partners for professional development, academic, career and skill-building programs and workshops
- Support and advocate for the work of the Johns Hopkins Postdoctoral Association (JHPDA) and the Diversity Postdoc Alliance Committee
- Provide consultation and assistance with conflict resolution for postdoctoral scholars and their mentors
News & Events for Postdoctoral Fellows
Check out our current listing of events here.
Advising & Individual Career Counseling
Our office advises on matters related to your postdoctoral appointment and works with the Professional Development & Career Office to provide career counseling (job search, review of job application materials, optimizing your postdoctoral training, etc.) To set up an appointment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
1830 E. Monument Street, 6th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21205-2196
Dana Boatman, Ph.D.
Associate Dean for Postdoctoral Affairs
Cassie Klein, M.B.A.
Administrator, Postdoctoral Programs
Senior Credentialing Specialist
Senior Administrative Coordinator